1) Keep a daily gratitude journal. Include three things you are grateful for and three things you have accomplished each day, however big or small. It will train your brain for the feel good chemicals!
2) Plan an adventure and get excited about it. It may be somewhere you've never been before - a new city, village, park or an outdoor setting, for example an adventure to the woods or the seaside.
3) Do something that you are good at to build self-confidence and then do something that challenges you.
4) Think of an area in your life that you want to improve upon, then figure out what you can do that will take you a step closer to improving this area of your life. One step leads to another!
5) Laughter reduces anxiety and relaxes you. So take time to laugh. Watch a funny movie, your favorite comedian or hang out with a fun friend.
6) Get off grid. Take time away from phones, computers and other interruptions. Spend time with people face to face or read a book.
7) Dance while you are doing housework or chores. Dancing helps to reduce levels of cortisol (the stress hormone) and increases endorphins ( the feel-good brain chemicals).
8) Try something outside your comfort zone to make room for adventure and excitement in your life.
9) Relax in a warm bath. Try adding magnesium Rock Salt or Epsom Salts to soothe aches and pains, which in turn helps reduce stress levels and calm the brain.
10) Spend time with animals, either your pets or farm animals. If you have a field with sheep or cows nearby, spend time among them or visit the moors or woods abundant with wildlife.
11) Practice mindfulness and being in the moment.
12) Explore your own town like a tourist or a pilgrim. You will be surprised at what is in your own backyard!
13) Try to find the silver lining in an annoying event that happened recently.
14) Smile more often. Smiling calms your heart rate and activates feel-good brain waves.
15) Take 30 minutes to spend in nature. Being in nature reduces depression, boosts well-being and increases energy levels.
16) Do your best to spend time in the sunshine. Sunlight boosts Vitamin D which is a mood-enhancer.
17) Listen to solfeggio music or nature sounds which will increase the relaxation response and increase creativity